NEWARK BUSINESS HUB, INC. (NBH) serves as an entrepreneur accelerator project that seeks to further develop, nurture, and invest in creative entrepreneurs through its online courses, workshops, live event series, podcasts, and wealth-building opportunities. Its ultimate mission is to interrupt the gentrification paradigm by assisting creative entrepreneurs to accumulate wealth through ownership opportunities that leverage community revitalization efforts in rapidly appreciating urban markets.
Entrepreneurs Kimberlee Williams and Jeff Billingsley conceived the Newark Business Hub as a 360 initiative for creative entrepreneurs that would build essential skills to grow and sustain their businesses.
Newark Business Hub, Inc. partners with The Center for Urban Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (CUEED) at Rutgers University-Newark. In direct collaboration with Lyneir Richardson, Executive Director of CUEED, the team has a firm grip on what’s needed to see these creative entrepreneurs thrive in rapidly growing markets.
Experienced instructors – all experts in their fields – will share hands-on strategies you can begin applying immediately to your business.
- Plan the Business Growth You Expect
- Collaboration is Key to Business Success
- Negotiate a Win Win
- Stay Ready to Communicate
- Money Moves, doing business by the numbers
- Partnering Up, how to leverage marketing alliances
- Great Credit is Possible
- Shift to Digital Marketing
- Technology Power Tools
- Priced Right for Profit
- Cloud Based Teams Near and Far
- Agree to Protect Your Intellectual Property
- Craft RFPs that Win Corporate and Government Contracts
To gain the full benefit of the Newark Business Hub program, all participants must commit to:
- Half a day training sessions biweekly held online
- Additional hours (approximately 6-10) over the nine month program for business development and financial counseling
- Developing and presenting a customized growth plan for your business
LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
The Newark Business Hub program runs from April-December. Classes will be held online.